Position: Assistant Property Manager
Location: Gainesville, FL
Job Id: 367
Job Profile: The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for effectively computing, classifying and recording numerical data to keep financial records complete while assisting with the leasing, marketing and resident relations for the community. The Assistant Manager will perform any combination of routine calculating, process and post resident rental payments, process and post new lease payments. The Assistant Manager will process late fees, communicate said late fees to residents, and evict residents when necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, etc.).
· Files own guest cards and maintain according to established procedures.
· Tour community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to clients’ needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
· Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
· Process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.)
· Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
· Perform follow-up procedures on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again.
· Secure new resident’s signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Orient new residents to community.
· Monitor renewals. Distribute and follow-up on renewal notices.
· Assist in monitoring advertising effectiveness.
· Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
· Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
· Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
· Understand the lease documents and contracted credit report summary.
· Accept rental payments and post rents to the computer.
· Comply with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
· Record monies collected and prepare bank deposit slips on an on-going basis.
· Debit, credit and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases using specialized accounting software.
· Check figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
· Prepare statement of accounting notices for past residents.
· Prepare, review and close financial books for assigned properties on a monthly basis.
· Provide accounting support to Property Managers.
· Assist in lease transactions by typing leases, gathering applicant’s history and credit approvals.
· Maintain accurate monthly delinquencies for bonus purposes.
· Assume Community Manager’s duties/authority in absence of immediate supervisor in accordance with company and community guidelines.
· Provide general clerical assistance to community office
· Create/maintain spreadsheets
· Enter new leases, renewals, and lease changes prior to giving to Property Manager
· Send property-wide emails when necessary
· Create monthly work schedule for leasing staff
· Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
· Quickly complete maintenance Service Request.
· Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc.
· Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
· Maintain open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
· Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on continuing basis.
· Assist in planning resident functions.
· Enforce policies of the community.
· Advise residents of referral concessions (if permitted).
· Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
· Assist in conducting market surveys and shop competitive communities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Must possess strong attention to detail and sales ability.
· Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
· Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
· Competence in operation of telephone, business calculator, copy machine, facsimile, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and MS Outlook and community software.
· Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
· Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
· Neat, clean, professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
· Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
· Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· 2+ years in a leasing or sales based role within property management
Benefits: Coastal Ridge Real Estate Partners offers a competitive benefits package including your choice of three health insurance plans, voluntary dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, Paid Time Off, as well as 401k with 4% company match.
Bonus: Eligible based on performance of the site
Position Status: Hourly non-exempt (Full Time)
Travel Requirements: 0% typical
Reporting Relationship: Property Manager
Coastal Ridge Real Estate Partners (“Coastal Ridge”) is a private real estate investment company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. Founded in 2013, Coastal Ridge’s growing team of over 300 associates specializes in the acquisition, asset management, and property management of real estate throughout the United States. To date, Coastal Ridge’s owned, joint-venture and third party management portfolio includes more than $1+ billion in assets across fourteen states in the student, conventional, and active adult multifamily sectors. Our track record has demonstrated the firm’s ability to achieve our investor’s goals by implementing a consistent strategy anchored by steadfast investment rationale and a progressive and systematic operating platform. Coastal Ridge was recently honored as one of the 2015 Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the U.S., and was also honored in 2016 as one of Columbus Business First’s 50 fastest growing companies in Central Ohio.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.