Property Manager Position Available!
The Property Manager reports to regional leadership and manages the operations of an assigned apartment community (less than 280 units) for MAA. Primary responsibilities include managing staff performance; marketing, leasing, and collections to generate revenue; resident relations and customer service to manage resident retention and satisfaction; administration of property maintenance, contracted services, and capital improvements to maintain aesthetics and manage expenses; compliance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations governing fair housing and safety.
As a people manager, the successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values throughout all aspects of MAA. Those values include:
· Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
· Communicating openly and with integrity
· Embracing opportunities
· Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
· Supervises all on-site staff, including hiring, training, supervision, and coaching and counseling. Determines and communicates productivity standards to maximize property performance and individual success. Evaluates performance to standards and makes compensation decisions. Works to achieve maximum performance based upon annual goals to increase revenue and other income.
· Determines the optimum rent based on market conditions and the level of rent concessions, if applicable. Uses a lease expiration board to plan for lease renewal management and to reduce the effects of large seasonal expirations. Performs leasing of units and making units ready for leasing as needed.
· Ensures the resolution of resident issues and complaints in cooperation with the staff. Plans, executes, and attends social and other community events for residents.
· Communicates and shares information with staff to ensure that directives and goals are mutually understood and collects feedback. Ensures adherence to MAA policies and safety rules; complies with MAA policies for reporting incidents.
· Supports Open Arms and other initiatives that demonstrate and enhance Mid-America’s corporate culture.
· Establishes and monitors the property budget on a daily basis in accordance with established goals; keeps expenses in line with the budget. Ensures that all applicable deposits, rents, and other fees and ancillary revenues are collected and deposited. Submits invoices and all other accounting activities to the Accounts Payable Department for processing. Purchases necessary equipment and supplies for the community.
· Participates, approves, and manages marketing efforts to increase occupancy. Reviews marketing efforts to determine effectiveness.
· Works with the service team to manage property maintenance programs to ensure prompt and courteous responses to maintenance requests, an adequate supply of market ready apartments to meet leasing demand, and property appearance which meets or exceeds standards.
· Inspects the property regularly for quality and to assess and identify needs for improvement. Inspects maintenance repairs and available units for readiness. May inspect recently vacated units to assess needed repairs and replacement. Monitors, inspects, and assesses the property landscape and other attributes to identify and address potential safety hazards and concerns and to ensure quality property aesthetics. Operates a motor vehicle.
· Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
· High school diploma/GED and three to five years of experience in property management, leasing, and/or hospitality or related experience in sales/marketing, operations management, or customer service required, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
· Valid driver’s license from the state of residence
· Supervisory experience strongly preferred
· Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
· Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) credential strongly preferred