Project Manager Opening!
The Collier Companies, the largest private owner/operator of multifamily housing in country, is seeking an experienced Project Manager- Front End Construction to join our team in Gainesville, FL!
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience in Multi-family design or related construction design experience. Responsiblefor but not limited to: design plan review, job costing and estimating, bidding and assisting in-house teams in project management, working with architects, design development, working with municipalities & governmental agencies the entitlement process, interacting with and reporting to JV partners/owners/GC’s, RFI’s, change orders, submittals/resubmittals, budgets and contract negotiation/review.
- Experience in multi-family, mid-rise, AL, hotel or similar multi-story project design
- Strong front end design experience, as well as, project management, planning, design and the bid process
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams (architects, GCs, engineers) and in-house departments such as Operations, Finance and Asset Management
- Strong plan review experience, with the ability to spot plan inconsistencies and proposing design enhancements/modification
- Strong Experience in job bidding and contract negotiation
- Experience working with municipalities and other governmental agencies
- Well versed in project sequencing and scheduling
- Job cost control and cost control reporting
- Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Project)
- Professional degree in Architecture or Engineering strongly preferred
- Work with in-house departments to develop a succinct concept to present to architects for initial design
- Work with the architect and engineers as the design process unfolds
- Coordinate all phases of design to ensure plans are internally consistent and in line with expectations of municipal agencies and TCC end-Users (Operations and Asset Management)
- Manage the bidding process for architects, engineers and GC’s
- Ensure job estimates are complete and accurate and bid deadlines are met
- Direct pre-con activity to ensure permits are approved and contract documents are completed
- Build schedule of value for project
- Review/troubleshoot General contractor draw requests and change order requests for submission for payment (as needed)
- Conflict resolution
- Schedule and conduct regular job meetings with all parties (internal and external) as required for success
- Ensure the job progress is communicated and documented through verbal and/or written reports on regular basis
- Maintain and foster positive working relationships with all parties involved
- Represent TCC as a professional at all times
The Collier Companies offers a competitive salary and bonus structure. After 60 days, employee will receive benefits of paid vacation, Health, Dental, LTD and Group Life Insurance. Also, enroll into our amazing 401K match!
Please send resumes to: Careers@CollierCompanies.com
OR you can apply on the website: www.CollierCompanies.com Careers tab, Join our team