Maintenance Technician at Spanish Trace Apartments
As a Maintenance Technician, you will support the Service Team in ensuring that the physical aspects of the property meet the The Collier Company’s established standards. The Maintenance Technician is an expert at trouble shooting, diagnosing problems and making solutions with a customer service attitude. The Maintenance Technician's responsibilities could include but are not limited to repairs in areas such as HVAC (if certified), electrical, plumbing, pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structural and appliance.
At The Collier Companies, it's all about people. Our residents depend on us to be observant, interested in their lives, and quick to respond to their needs. We enjoy working with them and with each other. Every day is different: rewarding, challenging, and fun. Join an environment where your team becomes your family and your profession becomes your passion.
Perks – The Good Stuff:
- The Collier Companies 401k match is 100% of your contribution up to 10% of your gross income.
- Up to 24 days off during your first year with annual increase!
- Stylish TCC logo attire provided
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Group & Supplemental Life Insurance policy options
- Reimbursement accounts & prepaid Legal Services
- Career growth opportunities
- Industry education opportunities
- Base pay plus monthly sales & industry leading performance bonuses
Your Skills – Show Us What You Got:
- Universal EPA certification highly preferred
- Experience as a maintenance technician for at least 1 year preferred
- Strong work ethic and an eager to learn attitude
- Apartment housing experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of appliances, plumbing & HVAC
- Organized, efficient and detail-oriented to complete work orders
- Able to work flexible schedule, which may include nights/weekends and emergency-on-call rotation
- Proven track record of excellent customer service
- Technician must have basic tools and be able to pass basic maintenance test.
- Must Reliable transportation and valid instate driver’s license
**This is a full-time position that consists of emergency on-call commitment. Overtime commitment in Summer/Fall turn season.
Our Culture – How we’re different:
The Collier Companies is a fast-growing company that fosters a professional attitude and a strong team spirit. We are committed to training our employees well, honoring their achievements, and promoting from within. The Team Members who work here are outgoing, caring, and proud of what they do.
- At The Collier Companies, our Twin Philosophical Pillars are the Spirit of STEWARDSHIP & the Spirit of ENTREPRENEURSHIP.
- Commitment to ONGOING LEARNING – At The Collier Companies, we have a 3 month onboarding reading list for all new team members. We have an ongoing book club for current team members as well!
- We PRIDE ourselves on the principles taught in “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People”, written by Stephen Covey. All new team members should know how to use their “I&R” – INITATIVE & RESOURCEFULNESS and be “E&E” – EFFICIENT & EFFECTIVE.
- GROWTH – We have a goal to double in size within the coming decade! Our team members have a FIRE IN THE BELLY and hold the torch with a BURNING SENSE OF URGENCY!
- We bring STABILITY into the marketplace and to our residents with a LONG-TERM HOLD strategy. This benefits our human capital, finances and customer experience.
- ROOTED – We are a privately owned group that’s been in business since the 1970’s and the world’s largest privately owned student housing company and growing multi-family apartment organization!
Drug testing and background checks are an employment requirement. Upon submission of your application, you will be invited to complete our candidate Assessment.
These are required steps in the hiring process.
The Collier Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply here: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=10164&clientkey=45E39F86368458C6E459E1E16A47B5CE