Maintenance Tech Opening
Who We Are:
Coastal Ridge Real Estate is an entrepreneurial-spirited multifamily real estate investment firm with offices located in Columbus, Ohio, Cincinnati, Ohio and Malibu, California and apartment communities throughout the United States. Founded in 2013, our growing team of over 400 associates specialize in the acquisition, asset management, and property management of multifamily real estate. To date, Coastal Ridge’s portfolio includes more than $1.6+ billion in assets in the student housing, conventional housing, and active adult multifamily sectors. Our track record has demonstrated the firm’s ability to achieve our investor’s goals. We implement a consistent strategy anchored by steadfast investment rationale and a progressive and systematic operating platform. Coastal Ridge was honored in 2015, 2016, and 2017 as one of the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the U.S. and was also among Columbus Business First’s 50 fastest growing companies in Central Ohio for the past three years.
Where You’ll Work:
Campus Lodge Gainesville offers off-campus housing in a prime location near The University of Florida and downtown Gainesville. This 1,115-bed community features two, three, and four-bedroom furnished apartments featuring bed-bath parity, in-unit washer and dryer, screened porches, and plenty of storage space. Resort-like community amenities include one of the largest pools in Gainesville, lodge themed clubhouse, sand volleyball and basketball courts, fitness center and car wash.
What You’ll Do:
As a Maintenance Technician, you’ll serve our residents by ensuring the proper maintenance and upkeep of the property. You’ll perform a variety of maintenance tasks to maintain and enhance the value of the community and maximize the living experience of our residents.
- Ensure all service requests are completed properly and in a timely manner, including after-hours requests. Participate in the on-call rotation with the rest of the maintenance team.
- Execute the turnover of units and make-readies for new residents.
- Assist in the daily clean up of the exterior of the community including grounds, breezeways and all common areas.
- Perform swimming pool maintenance and cleaning and maintain accurate, timely chemical logs, where applicable.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of company, property, and maintenance policies, including attending all required training.
- Provide care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the company.
- Keep storage areas, tools, and equipment secure at all times.
- Maintain the required uniform and ensure a professional appearance.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA standards and company safety policies.
- Utilize property resources, equipment and supplies economically.
- Other duties as directed and assigned
Who You Are:
- Technically savvy. You know your stuff when it comes to performing general maintenance work including: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, general carpentry, major appliances, pool care, painting, landscaping, ice/snow removal, roofs and gutters, etc.
- Customer service driven. You understand that our residents are the lifeblood of our company. You approach residents, prospects, and vendors with a positive, friendly attitude and take pride in completing quality work and providing top-notch service. You take responsibility for and quickly rectify mistakes and respond to complaints in a timely and empathetic manner.
- A masterful executor. You get things done. You manage tasks in a fast-paced environment with many moving pieces and stakeholders and ensure goals reach or surpass the finish line.
- A supportive team player. You work effectively with others and go above and beyond to support the needs of your fellow coworkers. You are reliable and flexible and communicate effectively by communicating issues and challenges, listening, compromising, and seeking feedback.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous general maintenance experience including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, appliances, strongly preferred.
- EPA Certification (Type I and II) preferred. May be required in some locations.
- Must be able to frequently walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must be able to lift/move loads up to 50lbs as well as use a ladder.
- Must live within 30 miles of the assigned property and have reliable transportation to participate in on-call duties.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to speak elementary English required.
What We Offer:
As a full time Maintenance Technician, you’ll receive a competitive hourly wage, and a robust benefits package. Our benefits include your choice of three health insurance plans, voluntary dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance, Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and a 401k with 4% company match. This is a non-exempt position, reporting to the Property Manager. Little to no travel is expected in this position.
To apply search careers and look for Gainesville, Fl