Facility Technician Needed!
|WE’RE WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU. COME JOIN OUR FAMILY AND GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US!
Our team is only as strong as each individual contributor – which is why we focus our energy on hiring people who are friendly, hardworking and have a true passion for serving older adults. After all, residents aren’t guests in our community; we’re working in their home.
Position Title: Facilities Grounds Technician
Overview: The facilities grounds technician is responsible for performing general maintenance duties primarily on the exterior of the buildings and the outdoor areas of the campus. Reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
**This position will be 30-32 hours a week.**
• Career advancement
• Competitive salaries
• Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance
• Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, 401K plan with matching contributions, and more
• Associate recognition programs, referral bonuses, tuition reimbursement and associate scholarships
• High school diploma or GED
• Two years of experience or more in related work.
• Experience working with vehicles and good mechanical skills.
• Past experience in working with organizations that maintain world class standards in the areas of customer service, safety and housekeeping.
• Basic math skills.
• Ability to be a self-starter and detail orientated.
• Valid driver's license and good driving record required
Environment: The Village at Gainesville offers a highly professional, engaging, team-centered environment where associates can grow professionally, and have a positive impact on the lives of the seniors that we serve. If you have a passion for serving others and are dedicated to improving the lives of seniors, this is the employment opportunity for you!
Location: While our 104-acre campus has all the amenities of a small town, sometimes it’s nice to explore off campus. Just 10 minutes away, you’ll find shopping, theaters and restaurants. Gainesville is home to the University of Florida, which is one of the largest universities in the United States as well as Santa Fe College, recently ranked #1 community college in the US. Gainesville is highly recognized as a great place to live and work.
The Village at Gainesville provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Village complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.