Maintenance Technician Needed!
Property Management Maintenance Technician Needed!
Our mission is to bring care and delight to one of the most significant moments in a person’s life. With our team,
our partners, and our customers at our core, we passionately live these values:
• Be Courageous. We will dare to be different and challenge the status quo if necessary.
• Be Human. We will place people before profits.
• Be Engaged. We will remember that small gestures can have big impact on someone’s life.
• Be Innovative. We are open to new ideas and continually look for new ways to serve our customers.
• Be Fun. We will act with humility and a sense of humor, never taking ourselves too seriously.
Our Maintenance Technician ensures our Buyers, Sellers, Owners and Tenants have an amazing customer
service experience from creation to completion of work order and service requests. We are looking for an
experienced Maintenance Technician who will be primarily responsible for managing and completing tenant and
owner work order requests. This position will also assist our Seller Success Manager to get our listings in marketready
condition to sell properties for the highest potential value in a timely manner. To ensure success, this team
member must be able to communicate in a professional and courteous manner with customers and other team
members. This team member will report to the Operations Manager and work closely with the listings,
maintenance and move-in teams to ensure our mission is achieved in every interaction.
EXPECTED OUTCOMES AND DUTIES
In addition to those listed below, this position is responsible for assisting with developing, updating, maintaining,
documenting, and executing the process and procedures required to complete the requirements of this position
and assisting with on-boarding new team members to complete these processes to achieve the desired
Identify current and future maintenance requirements by:
• Completing walk through evaluations and inspections of properties, documenting condition with photos,
video and condition report forms.
• Diagnosing problems and making recommendations for repairs, completing repairs within your scope.
• Establishing rapport with management, listing, application, leasing, and move-in teams, vendors,
suppliers, and other persons in a position to understand maintenance requirements.
Achieve financial objectives by:
• Providing information and recommendations necessary for our Owner Success Manager to prepare an
annual maintenance budget and plan for each owner.
• Preparing properties for a new resident.
• Providing information necessary for our Seller Success Manager to prepare a pre-listing punch list of
maintenance items that should be addressed prior to listing the home for sale.
Ensure efficient operations by:
• Determining work priorities, scheduling and completing repair, maintenance and installation requests in
an efficient and timely manner, minimizing down time and repeat site visits.
• Maintaining equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level,
anticipating needed equipment, parts and supplies, placing and expediting orders, verifying receipt.
• Conserving maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish desired
• Scheduling repairs outside your scope with third party vendors, following up on requests, reviewing
before and after photos, ensuring the repair was completed to complete customer and/or staff
Protect employees, customers and visitors by:
• Maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
• Complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
Maintain and develop professional and technical knowledge by:
• Attending educational workshops and training classes/programs, reviewing professional publications,
establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
Our ideal candidate has enough technical knowledge to perform the following repairs and improvements:
• Minor to moderate plumbing, including replacement and installation of toilets and sinks
• Minor to moderate electrical, including repair and replacement of light fixtures, outlets
• Painting, including minor drywall repair/replacement
• Changing locks, including replacing door lock hardware sets
• Minor to moderate HVAC, including replacement of filters, diagnosing issues
• Basic knowledge of fireplaces and pool systems
Contribute to team effort by:
• Documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
• Accomplishing desired outcomes and completing duties.
• Being available after hours and on weekends on an on-call basis.
• At least 18 years of age
• At least 3 years of related experience
• Basic computer knowledge
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Detail oriented
• Takes initiative
• Excellent social skills
• Rapid problem solving skills
• General knowledge of geography of Gainesville, Alachua County, and surrounding areas
• Clean driving record for previous 3 years, valid FL drivers license
Interested applicants please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.