Vice President of Operations
The Collier Companies is seeking a Vice President of Operations located at Headquarters, 220 N Main St. Gainesville, FL, 32601.
At The Collier Companies, it's all about people. Our residents depend on us to be observant, interested in their lives, and quick to respond to their needs. We enjoy working with them and with each other. Every day is different: rewarding, challenging, and fun. Join an environment where your team becomes your family and your profession becomes your passion.
The Vice President of Operations position requires high professional and emotional intelligence, plus the expertise to lead, motivate and develop a team of committed, talented, Regional Community Managers to meet and exceed company goals and objectives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Oversight of the day-to-day operations of approximately 5,000 Southeast apartments within our portfolio, in addition to providing leadership to a greater portfolio than 11,000 apartments located across multiple geographical markets. This will include day travel from Gainesville, our Florida based office and may include multi-day travel throughout assigned markets as required.
- Primary responsibilities include direct supervision of regional management team, with accountability for monthly financials, revenue growth, occupancy, maintenance, capital improvement & asset management of the communities.
- Reports to Director of Operations
Perks – The good stuff:
- The Collier Companies matches up to 100% on 10% of your total compensation for 401(K)
- Vacation & Personal Time (PTO increases with length of service, in addition to an increasing hourly accrual rate per pay period) Plus 10 company holidays!
- Stylish TCC logo attire provided
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Group & Supplemental Life Insurance policy options
- Reimbursement accounts & prepaid Legal Services
- Career growth opportunities
- Industry education opportunities
Our Commitment to You – Our Greatest Asset: The Collier Companies is a fast-growing company that fosters a professional attitude and a strong team spirit. We are committed to training our employees well, honoring their achievements, and promoting from within. The people who work here are outgoing, caring, and proud of what they do. If you’re someone who welcomes responsibility and enjoys getting involved, you’ll fit right in.
- 5 years of Multi Family Housing portfolio leadership experience.
- Skilled leader who is self-directed, however can work effectively within a team dynamic.
- Previous regional management experience, managing a portfolio of at least 3,000 apartments across multiple sites, is required.
- Exceptional Communicator, with high emotional Intelligence, problem solving and critical thinking skills; excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong demonstrated leadership capabilities, with a proven track record of mentoring and developing effective teams.
- Proven record of delivering unparalleled customer service.
- Ability to achieve operational goals by influencing and working with other company departments.
- Original thinker with the ability to think outside the box to develop plans to meet and exceed goals.
- An experienced presenter with the abilities to plan, deliver and lead corporate meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree
The challenges are great, as are the rewards. So, we distinguish ourselves, by both our character and our personnel. Our message needs to be tight, differentiated & impactful. That’s what makes this such a crucial role.
If leading this charge in a fast-growing company sounds appealing to you, let’s have a conversation.
Drug testing and background checks are an employment requirement. Upon submission of your application, you will be invited to complete our candidate Assessment.
These are required steps in the hiring process.
The Collier Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer