Part Time Contracted Staff Person
Part Time Contracted Staff Person
Reports to: Executive Director
Part-time: 20-25 hours per week est.
Pay: $1000 per month
The part-time staff person position directly reports to the Executive Director and performs a variety of support activities. Duties may include attending meetings, visiting members, fielding telephone calls, implementing events, volunteer management and marketing. Basic computer knowledge is required as well as internet research abilities, analytical and strong communication skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Committee director/overseer
- Social Media Management
- Event Marketing (including video & in-person visits to members)
- Event Implementation (set up, tear down & registration)
- Membership Recruitment (to include in-person visits to members)
- Membership Retention (to include in-person visits to past or recently expired members)
- Administrative Tasks as assigned
- Governmental Affairs (monitor & attend)
- Venue Research
- Assures discreet handling of all business
- Must enjoy public contact and demonstrate a friendly, outgoing, service oriented nature
- Must be flexible with a strong ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work with a volunteer committee structure
- Possess a desire to learn new skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Reliable transportation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. A minimum of one year of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience is also required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions over the phone and in person from members and the general public. Ability to write reports and correspondence as needed.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current valid driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel: reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, knee, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear: and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please email resume to email@example.com.