Make Ready Technician
As a Make Ready Technician your primary responsibility is to ensure that all vacant apartment units are restored timely to market-ready status. This position will also perform general repairs and assist in the overall maintenance of the interior and exterior of the property.
Essential Job Functions
- Exhibits strong commitment to the service needs of the internal and external customer. Represents the company in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assists with monitoring of resident satisfaction and ensures follow up on the results by property maintenance staff.
- Inspects the condition of all interior units prior to starting repairs to include, but not limited to; walls, appliances, electrical, plumbing, windows/doors and filters.
- Performs repairs/upkeep to vacant units prior to move-in and within company standards/guidelines; completes required paperwork on service needs and submits to the Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager.
- Reviews daily work order priorities with the Maintenance Supervisor at the beginning and end of each day.
- Responsible for the daily upkeep of the grounds and appearance of the property.
- Has a complete understanding and working knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the maintenance and security of all property-issued tools.
- Repairs/replaces light bulbs, globes or fixtures, windows, latches, screens, hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, baseboards, mirrors and closets.
- Assists in the repair/replacement/removal of appliances.
- Repairs/replaces faucets, sink plugs, washers, curtains, mini-blinds, ceiling fans.
- Repairs plaster; paints as necessary.
- Repairs/replaces sinks, bathtubs, showers and flooring materials.
- Picks up exterior & interior litter; empties and sanitizes trash containers.
- Assists with maintaining the exterior grounds and common areas of the property.
- Repairs/replaces any apartment material/maintenance requests within scope of management responsibility.
- This job description does not provide an all-encompassing list of duties, there may be a need to perform other duties as assigned.
Make Ready Duties
- Works with the office team and Maintenance Supervisor (i.e., walking apartments, move-in/move-out reports, etc.). Completes work as directed and reports apartments that are ready to show to the Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager.
- Walks all vacant units to determine make-ready needs. Coordinates efforts with Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager to make schedules and assignments. If major appliances or carpets need replacing, discusses with Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager before taking action.
- Ensures all repairs/replacements are completed as necessary for apartment to be occupied.
- Ensures all trash from apartments are cleaned out before, during and after make-ready activity.
On-Call and Emergencies
- Shares on-call responsibilities with the maintenance team; responds to resident service requests within 24 hours.
- Assists with hazardous weather problems, fires, floods, snow removal, freezes, etc.
- High School or GED (General Education Diploma) preferred
- Regular attendance, punctuality and dependability required
- General maintenance and safety experience strongly preferred
- General knowledge/experience with all major types of heating and air conditioning preferred
- Required to provide own (industry specific) hand tools
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation may be required based upon specific property needs
- Basic computer skills/knowledge required to perform job functions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize work functions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of building maintenance and repair
- Ability to learn and institute BH and industry standards
- A positive, team-oriented attitude
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday (work schedules may vary). Some over-time may be required including “on-call” and/or rotating “on-call” responsibilities.
- (3) Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Birthday Paid Day Off
- 12 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/ Vision
- 401K + match
- Education reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.