The Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor Course
The Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS) program is an in-depth review of property management principles and techniques as used by the professional supervisor. This course helps the professional make the connection between knowledge and on-the-job performance.
Earn your Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor designation to enhance your leadership skills, better interpret property results and track progress toward property or portfolio objectives. Whether you are a new, a future or experienced portfolio supervisor, enhance your knowledge and on-the-job performance.
You'll learn about:
- Recruiting high-performing employees
- Employee performance, engagement, and retention
- Minimizing conflict through stakeholder communications
- Ethical behavior and conflicts of interest
- Annual operating budgets and owner performance objectives
- Property and portfolio results
- Due diligence process
- Property takeover process
- Capital improvement plans
- Managing risk through inspections, follow-up procedures, and incident reporting compliance
- Minimizing legal risk and liability
- Regulatory agency oversight of assisted housing
- Analyzing property performance data to inform action
- Management agreements
- Evaluating and reporting property performance using key performance indicators
CAPS Candidates must have:
- worked as a multi-site supervisor for 24 months or be a CAM, ARM or RAM designate in good standing with 24 months of management experience;
- successfully complete the five courses listed below (which total 40 hours); and
- meet all examination requirements, within 24 months of declaring candidacy for CAPS.
- 4/25/17 - Property Performance Management, Property Evaluation & Due Diligence
- 5/4/17 - Financial Management
- 5/12/17 - Legal Responsibilities/Risk Management
- 5/25/17 - Effective Leadership
Take the next step in your professional development and
become a certified success by earning your
Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS) designation!
You're already a Success. Become a Certified Success!
Lifesouth - 1221 NW 13th St
Cost: Members: $999 with RSVP, Nonmembers: $1499 with RSVP (Lunches Included)
This cost includes the traditional binder and initial testing for the certification. An extra charge if retesting is necessary. You must attend all classes to receive certification!