Earning your CAM allows you to demonstrate your skills, knowledge, and ability to manage an apartment community and achieve owners' investment goals.
- Occupancy rates
- Comprehensive marketing plans
- Sales team management and product readiness
- Equitable treatment of current and potential residents
- Resident retention and the maintenance of a positive companyimage
- Consistent and ongoing resident communication
- Positive resident service and issue resolution
- Enforcement of company policy in compliance with laws and regulations
- Property inspections
- Preventive maintenance programs
- Service request process
- Apartment turnover process
- Contractors and vendors
- Recruitment, hiring, orientation and training of high-caliber employees
- Systematic employee evaluation
- Employment regulations and record keeping
- Analysis of the property's financial operations with corrective actions for underperformance
- Monitoring of property performance to achieve the owner's investment goals
- Accounting principles and practices
- Maximizing net operating income
- Reporting property performance honestly and accurately
- Minimum of 12 months of onsite property management experience
- Successful completion of all CAM coursework (totaling 40 hours)
- Meet all examination standards within 12 months of declaring candidacy
We're excited to see you in person soon! Because member and attendee safety is our top priority, we're taking the following safety precautions:
Students seated a minimum of 6' apart
Contactless temperature check before entering building
Plentiful sanitizer throughout space
Masks required when not seated
Disposable masks free of charge available to attendees
High touch surfaces sanitized frequently
Team members will wear masks and social distance from members and each other.
Other measures, as appropriate.
For More Information:
By registering and attending any NCFAA class, meeting, or event you are agreeing to our Safety Liability Agreement. As deemed necessary, additional requirements will be added below:
- If you are sick, caring for an ill person, or may have recently been exposed to COVID-19 we ask that you stay home for self-quarantine.
- We will be conducting contactless temperature checks on everyone entering the venue. Anyone found to have a fever will be unable to enter.
- Face masks that fully covers both the nose and mouth at all times are REQUIRED. We will provide one-time use masks to attendees that do not arrive with their own.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times (6 ft. is the magic number).
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer often, especially after touching high traffic areas.
**Communicable diseases such as COVID-19 can be highly contagious viruses that pose inherent risks that cannot be fully eliminated regardless of care or precautions taken. As such, by participating in classes, meetings, or events hosted by NCFAA in any facility you hereby assert you do so voluntarily and that by participating you knowingly assume any and all risks related to COVID-19 or other communicable diseases.