Maintenance Technician II Needed
Job Title: Maintenance Technician II
Property Location: The Bartram
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
and General Manager
Prepared Date: April 2018
The maintenance technician is to assist the maintenance supervisor in maintaining the physical integrity
of the community by performing all necessary mechanical maintenance and operational procedures as
well as ensures the prompt resolution to all tenant work orders. The maintenance technician will carry
out assigned duties in a safe manner and other duties as requested by the maintenance supervisor. In
the absence of the maintenance supervisor, the MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN II will assume all
maintenance responsibilities. Must be highly skilled with meaningful maintenance experience with
HVAC, electrical, plumbing, preventative maintenance tasks and tenant customer service. Must have
reliable transportation and be available for after hour emergency calls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
● Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal
laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
● Must be knowledgeable of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing proper
storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and
● Constantly be aware of the condition of apartment property throughout the community and
immediately initiates action to correct unsafe conditions; e.g., broken gates leading to the pool,
broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights.
● Schedules and performs routine preventive maintenance on all appropriate equipment as
directed by lead maintenance technician and manager. Inspects and maintains all tools in
● Be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts, fire alarm
pull stations and panels.
● Performs work area clean-up and safety related duties.
● Ensures that storage areas always remain locked when not in use.
● Responsible for assigned preventative maintenance, necessary maintenance and repairs to the
buildings mechanical, electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems. Must be familiar with the location
and have working knowledge of all building mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, life safety,
fire protection and security systems to ensure proper operations and be able to act upon any
conditions that are out of the ordinary.
● Conduct periodic general preventative maintenance on the mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and
plumbing systems. This involves normal lubrication, adjustment, cleaning, replacement of
consumable parts (such as filters, indicator lights, etc.), and periodic testing of the equipment.
These systems include, but are not limited to; HVAC, recirculating air systems, water pumping
systems, cooling plant and all plumbing system components. Also conduct or direct general
building maintenance, as needed
● Be responsive to tenant requests in the areas of safety, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and
environmental needs through both personal contact and work order systems.
● Perform all assigned work so as to ensure the safety of the building’s tenants and the
continuous operation of the site.
● Be familiar with and conform to all written operating procedures associated with the site.
● Assist with community events set-up, breakdown and engineering support as needed
● Ensure the quality of work, cleanliness of common areas, and proper turning of apartments.
● Diagnoses and performs minor and routine maintenance/repair, as directed, involving the
following on a daily basis:
○ Electrical and plumbing (including water lines)
○ A/C and heating systems
○ Water irrigation systems
○ Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings
○ Tile, carpet, flooring
○ Roofing, gutters, fasteners
○ Interior/exterior lights
○ Ceiling fans
○ Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors
○ Door locks, P.O. boxes and locks
○ Controlled access systems
○ Pool areas, tile, jacuzzi, pool furniture and outdoor dining and grill areas
● Inspects and helps coordinate all needed make-ready repairs and services. Assists make-ready
staff as required to meet deadlines.
● Reports all major repairs and need requisitions to lead maintenance technician.
● Change locks, rekey and make keys.
● Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment (or
vice versa) as circumstances warrant. Assists in liens, moving abandoned furniture, appliances,
etc., to dumpster when necessary.
● Be knowledgeable of inventory levels of spare parts and supplies; weekly inform lead
maintenance technician of shortages.
● Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rakes, sweeps, shovels, power washes and
picks up trash as circumstances warrant.
● Performs any additional duties assigned by maintenance supervisor and general manager.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum of 5 years previous building operations engineering experience
Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions
Proficient computer and email skills
Holds any necessary/required licenses
Must have the ability to complete required safety classes that pertain to specific job duties
May perform other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal and credit background investigation as well
as pre-employment drug screening. Employee must agree to random drug screening at the discretion of
Please send resume tp email@example.com. No phone calls or drop-ins please. Elm Spring, Inc. and The Bartram is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.