Local Company Seeks a Director of Operations
The Collier Companies just created a seat for a Director of Operations position, located at Headquarters, 220 N Main St. Gainesville, FL, 32601.
The Director of Operations position requires high professional and emotional intelligence, plus the expertise to lead, motivate and develop a team of committed & talented industry leaders. This position requires excellent communication and problem-solving skills, a strong background in operations management and/or project management. If you are ready to advance your career and join a fast growing and family-oriented company, you’ll want to read on.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Directs and develops overall operational, financial, and business strategies for property management operations. Responsible for achievement of optimum operational, financial and business performance by properties under management.
- Primary responsibilities include direct supervision, with accountability for monthly financials, revenue growth, occupancy, maintenance, capital improvement & asset management of the communities.
- Reports to CEO + Founder & Chair.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7+ years’ work experience in an operation leadership role.
- 7+ years of operations management and leadership experience.
- Experience leading operations for a fast-growing private organization.
- Experience with lease ups and expanding real estate portfolios. Multi Family &/or Conventional Housing Real Estate experience required.
- Experience in finance, accounting, etc.; budget management experience required. Solid analytical and negotiating skills required.
- Exceptional Communicator, with high emotional Intelligence, excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Process development & project management experience required
- Previous regional management experience, managing a portfolio of at least 5,000 apartments across multiple sites, is required.
- Strong demonstrated leadership capabilities, with a proven track record of mentoring and developing effective teams.
- Ability to achieve operational goals by influencing and working with other company departments.
- Original thinker with the ability to think outside the box to develop plans to meet and exceed goals.
- An experienced presenter with the abilities to plan, deliver and lead corporate meetings.
A bit about us…
On December 27th, 1972, our Founder and Chairman, Nathan S. Collier bought his first piece of real estate in Gainesville, FL.
Today, The Collier Companies owns more than 50 communities and greater than 11,000 apartments in Gainesville, Ocala, Orlando, Tampa, Tallahassee, and Port Orange, as well as Oklahoma, and Georgia. This portfolio consists of approximately 50% student housing and 50% conventional apartments. The Collier Companies has consistently been ranked within the top 25 largest student housing owners as well as top student housing management companies in the country by Student Housing Business magazine. The Collier Companies is the largest student housing portfolio owned by a private individual. We’re currently staffed with approximately 500 team members and continuing to grow at an accelerated rate!
- Principled Profit - Mainstreet Values
The Collier Companies is a team of highly motivated people who are dedicated to quality, excellence, and outstanding service. Deep within our rooted culture, we practice “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People”. Our goal is to drive these principles in our everyday ambitions. These habits include being proactive, beginning with the end in mind, putting first things first, think “Win/Win”, seek first to understand; then to be understood, synergize, and sharpen the saw.
The Collier Companies’ mission is “Proudly Making Your Home the Heart of Our Business”. This strategic vision calls for taking the expectation for our communities to an unprecedented level.
- Private Owner - Long Term Hold - X2 Growth Trajectory
Most companies within our industry strategize for a quick “buy/sell” approach. The Collier Companies acquires conventional and student housing properties with a long-term investment strategy. This commitment to excellence is showcased to residents and team members alike.
The Collier Companies offer a rich benefits package! After 60 days, employee will receive benefits of paid vacation, Health, Dental, LTD and group life insurance. After 90 days, you are eligible to enroll in our 401K match program in the next enrollment period.
The challenges are great, as are the rewards. So, we distinguish ourselves, by both our character and our personnel. Our message needs to be tight, differentiated & impactful. That’s what makes this such a crucial role.
If leading this charge in a fast-growing company sounds appealing to you, let’s have a conversation.