Full Time Leasing Consultant
Full Time Leasing Consultant
The LEASING PROFESSIONAL should be highly self-motivated and demonstrate a good working attitude reflecting a pleasant personality and a willingness to please and cooperate with other personnel as well as residents and prospects. The Leasing Agent is responsible for marketing the property to prospective residents, leasing, touring, and responding to resident and prospective resident inquiries while delivering excellent customer service
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet, show, and lease to prospects and qualify by covering all criteria to complete guest card.
- Immediately record all telephone, in-person visits and internet leads on appropriate reports.
- Prepare, review, and complete all necessary paperwork required to lease to and move in a prospective resident.
- Demonstrate community and apartment product knowledge to clients' needs by communicating the features and benefits to close the sale.
- Have prospects complete application and secure deposit in accordance with Fair Housing requirements and the RAS Management Group Procedures Memo.
- Update availability report, process applications for approvals, and follow up with applicants regarding status.
- Inspect and ensure apartment is ready for tours or resident move-ins daily.
- Immediately follow-up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again.
- Assist in monitoring renewals and renewal notices.
- Monitor advertising effectiveness. Gather information about market competition in the area.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Must follow all company policies and procedures at all times.
- Accept rental payments and give immediately to Assistant Manager.
- Type lease and complete all necessary paper work and input information on Onesite accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update current resident files.
- Review with the Community Manager prior to obtaining signatures
- Assist in maintaining accurate monthly commission records on leases and renewals for bonus purposes.
- Participate in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
- Assist in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
- Conduct market surveys and shop competitive communities.
- Assist management team with other various tasks as required.
- Consistently implement policies of the community.
Resident Relations and Retention
- Receive all telephone calls, in-person visits, and internet inquiries. Listen to resident and prospect requests, concerns and comments.
- Promotes a sense of community where residents feel valued and appreciated.
- Quickly complete maintenance Service Requests and inform the maintenance team. Answer questions about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up with in a timely manner if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
- Assists in planning and implementing resident functions and programs that promote resident satisfaction and retention.
Basic Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Onsite, etc. Office Equipment Skills: Calculator, Computer, Copier, Fax, Scanner, Telephone, Key machine, etc. Proficiency in all areas of administrative, leasing, and marketing operations. Good written and verbal communications skills. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends. Experience in relevant customer service is preferred. Comply with expectations and employee handbook. Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
Work Hours: minimum of 40 hours per week. Must be available evenings, nights, and weekends for staffing needs and emergencies.
Education and Experience Required: High school diploma, G.E.D. or additional equivalent work experience.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of the day. Have occasional need to perform the following physical activities:
- Bending, stooping, squatting, climbing stairs, push or pull, pick up litter, filing, inspections, showing property, open and close doors, retrieve supplies, reach above shoulder.
- Writing, typing, grasping, turning, corporate and resident communications, telephone, doorknob use, operation of office equipment, etc.
- Lifting/Carrying up to 25lbs (paperwork, deliveries, files, and misc.)
- Work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment.
- Perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Work as part of a team, as well as complete assignments independently.
- Take instructions from supervisors.
- Exercise problem-solving skills.
- Interacts with co-workers, supervisors, guests, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
- High reasoning skills. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. Description and duties of this position are subject to change, modification, and addition as deemed necessary by the company.
Email resumes to email@example.com.