Timberland Partners is a premier real estate investment and management company that specializes in the acquisition, financing and management of multifamily and commercial business properties throughout the Mid-West United States. Timberland Partners currently owns approximately 12,000 apartment homes and over 400,000 square feet of commercial space.
Due to continued growth we are looking for an Assistant Community Manager at our Latigo 27 Location. This apartment community has 240 units and is located in Ocala, FL. The ideal candidate is dedicated, enthusiastic, and a creative individual that is able to multi-task, and adapt well to a fast paced, high volume environment.
Some of the Benefits of being a team member at Timberland Partners are:
- Stability – Since 1992 Timberland Partners has developed a reputation for the successful identification, acquisition and management of properties that continue to provide a solid financial foundation. We are committed to hard work, dedication, and teamwork to successfully execute our business strategy.
- Career Growth – We invest in our employees! One of our core values is to provide each employee the opportunity to excel. That means you have access to on-going training, career development programs, and an environment designed to help you grow professionally.
- Compensation – As a member of the Timberland Partners team you can count on a competitive compensation package. Along with an excellent salary and rent discounts, we offer a benefits package to full time team members including: Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, and Paid Time Off.
The Assistant Community Manager is responsible for providing assistance to the Community Manager with regard to the management of the multi-family apartment community, primarily in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping and administration. Also, leases and markets apartments and maintains positive resident relations.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Accounting, bookkeeping and administration
- Understands the lease and credit report application.
- Accepts rental payments and posts rent to YARDI.
- Assists in lease transactions by typing leases, gathering applicant’s history and running credit approvals.
- Provides general clerical assistance to the leasing office (i.e., answer telephones, takes messages, filing, etc.)
- Maintains accurate monthly commission sheets for bonus payments.
- Assumes the Community Manager’s duties in the absence of the Community Manager, in accordance with company guidelines.
- Greets prospects and qualifies them by covering all required criteria.
- Immediately records all telephone and in-person traffic. Files and maintains guest cards according to company procedure.
- Tours the property and target apartments/model. Highlights community amenities such as the pool, clubhouse and fitness room. Closes on the sale. Assists prospect to complete the application and secures the deposit.
- Updates apartment availability reports as needed.
- Processes applications for approval (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) and types up leases. Informs Community Manager of qualified/unqualified applicants. Follows-up with applicants regarding application status.
- Types leases and completes all necessary paperwork accurately and in a timely manner. Reviews with Community Manager and obtains the required signature(s). Ensures that the apartment is ready for the resident to move in on the move in date.
- Immediately follows-up with prospects unable to close on (i.e. phone calls, “thank you” notes, etc.) and attempts to close sale again. If not a viable prospect, sends to another Timberland Partners property that meets their needs.
- Secures resident signature(s) on all required paperwork prior to move-in. Orients new residents to the community (i.e. issues keys, reviews community rules and regulations and reviews amenities, etc.)
- Assists in monitoring renewals. Distributes and follows-up on renewal notices.
- Distributes any company-issued notices.
- Receives telephone calls and in-person visits. Listens to all resident requests, complaints and comments. Immediately enters requests and informs the service team of new work orders. Answers questions for residents about the community, work orders, rent, rules, etc. Follows-up on a timely basis if not able to respond to resident requests or problems immediately.
- Ensures consistency in dealing with residents on all matters.
- Ensures all work orders are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed service requests.
- Assists in planning resident functions (i.e. parties, etc.) Attends functions and participates as directed by the Community Manager.
- Assists with enforcing policies and rules of the community.
- Contacts apartment locators and posts online specials and target units on a regular basis to obtain traffic.
- Advises residents of any referral concessions.
- Assists in placing, removing and updating balloons, bandit signs, etc.
- Distributes newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc. to local business and employers.
- Assists in obtaining marketing information. Gathers information over the telephone and/or in-person visits. Reviews market survey on a continual basis to generate ideas and formulate plans.
- Performs other duties and special projects as requested by management.
- Attendance is an essential function of the job.
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college-level education preferred
- 1+ years in a customer service or sales oriented role. 6+ months of on-site leasing experience or a combination of customer service and sales experience and education preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Possesses superior sales ability
- Computer proficiency, including MS Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- YARDI experience preferred
- Knowledge of Fair Housing regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Work Place. No relocation available. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background