Assistant Manager Needed
Trimark Properties is a Gainesville-based real estate developer and property management firm specializing in high-end housing, office, research, retail, and other niche developments next to the University of Florida. Trimark was founded in 1992 and has experienced steady and purposeful growth through understanding their market, delivering award-winning projects, maintaining and constantly improving their portfolio, and implementing a unique team approach to all aspects of real estate management. Trimark delivers top quality product, service, and sales—along with the time-tested adage of “Location, Location, Location.
Trimark Properties is currently seeking a hard-working Resident Services Manager who will be the key point person for all of their 1600+ student housing residents in Gainesville. The Resident Services Manager will ensure that residents and clients receive the highest quality customer care and manage all customer complaints, follow up to ensure that problems are solved effectively, and help Trimark design systems and programs for more effective future client services.
This position will work closely with the Sales Manager, Administration Coordinator, and Maintenance Director to support the customer service experience throughout the company.
This position is goal-oriented and requires a strong leader with a passion for customer care and creating positive solutions. The right candidate is detail-oriented, can handle a large work load, and has a high degree of self-management. The Resident Services Manager must be an excellent problem solver and skilled at conflict resolution.
The position requires a high level of organizational skills, written communication skills, and verbal communication skills.
• Run Customer Service for all current student housing residents; this position implements the customer service side of the daily operations
• Manage incoming customer complaints. Actively listen to the residents/parents, gather information, log the complaint, research, and find an excellent solution that works well for both the client and the company. Follow up to ensure Trimark’s standards for customer care are met and (where needed) design system improvements to prevent future breakdowns. Ensure that documentation is complete.
• Hire, train and provide daily management for the on call team. This includes enforcing reporting, researching complaints, following up with clients to ensure their after-hours service met or exceeded Trimark’s standards for customer care.
• Enforce the rules and regulations outlined in the lease. Where necessary, take steps to alter resident behavior, including phone calls, friendly written notices, and legal notices for repeated violations. The goal is always to provide a high level of customer service while enforcing the rules, to ensure that residents are not disturbing their neighbors or damaging the property.
• Manage Trimark’s rentable parking space assignments, decal administration, and enforcement.
• Manage breakdowns in package delivery operations. Trimark is currently switching from manual pick up to a parcel locker system. The Resident Care Manager will communicate with managers at FedEx, UPS, USPS, and other delivery companies to ensure that packages and mail are properly delivered at all properties
• Perform on site customer service as needed; visit the location and meet face to face with residents or parents
• Ensure that goals are exceeded on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
• Reply to written customer service complaints (emails) on the same day that they are received; coordinate with any other depts to ensure that the complaint is handled well.
• Review communications and monitor in-person encounters to improve the quality and outcomes of customer service provided
• Work closely with the bookkeeping, maintenance, and marketing/sales directors to resolve customer service issues when they arise
• Hold team members in other depts accountable when there is a customer service breakdown; inspire them to achieve greater results
• Help create a positive team environment that makes individuals in all departments want to come to work each day
• Grow business by ensuring that we provide ever-increasing levels of customer care
• 2+ years in customer service, conflict resolution, and, or training experience
• 1-2 years of previous experience as a Resident Services Manager, Assistant Property Manager or Property Manager experience strongly desired
• Previous experience in student housing a plus but not required
• Positive, professional personality
• Professional, upscale appearance. Trimark’s student housing portfolio consists primarily of upscale, high-end communities.
• Superior client service skills
• High level of demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy
• Zeal for finding solutions
• Must possess a balance of urgency and patience (and know when to act accordingly)
• Strong leadership skills; ability to motivate and inspire others
• Strong listening, probing and communication skills
• Must have the ability to summarize a complex problem
• Must be a skilled communicator and comfortable with replying to customer complaints in writing, on the phone, and face to face at the properties
• Strong organization/prioritization skills; proven ability to consistently meet goals in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work well with others and self-manage
• Absolutely must be drug-free, smoke-free; must have a clean criminal record and pass a background check and drug-test before hire; must have a driver’s license and clean driving record.
Great Things About This Position:
• Very competitive salary
• No travel required
• Excellent, highly trained, and professional team members
• Work with excellent clients who love where they live and our product line
• The ability to create new programs, improve the customer experience for our clients. This role will constantly improve the company.
• Trimark Properties is an industry leader and constantly strives to enhance their properties, customer care experience, and overall work environment, making it one of the most successful real estate developers/property management firms in North Central Florida.
To Apply, please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.