Maintenance Licensing Bill (State): Click here
to find a FAQ on the maintenance licensing bill (included as part of a code bill) that expands the scope of work a CAMT
certified maintenance professional can perform on HVAC and water heater equipment. The law takes effect on July 1st, 2016.
This program is designed both as an introduction for new maintenance professionals and as a refresher for the veteran employee, to give these professionals the knowledge and tools necessary to run an effective maintenance program. Maintenance expenses are the single largest controllable element in any operating budget. The CAMT program is accredited
by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), a private non-profit organization that administers and coordinates the U.S. voluntary standardization and conformity assessment system.
Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians (CAMT) includes:
The non-technical Soft Skill course consists of online learning, including practice scenarios. Five technical courses consist of hands-on classroom training followed by online practice scenarios.
Non-Technical Course Modules:
- Welcome to the Industry
- Customer Service
- Time & Project Management
- Money Matters
- Documentation & Paperwork
- Maintenance & Emergencies
- Safety First
- FranklinCovey Insights on Demand Online Courses
- Electrical Maintenance and Repair
- Plumbing Maintenance and Repair
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) Maintenance & Repair
- Appliance Maintenance and Repair
- Interior and Exterior Maintenance and Repair
Programs may be taken as standalone seminars or in full to earn the industry credential.
Certificate candidates must complete the following within 12 months of declaring candidacy for CAMT to receive the Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians credential:
- one year of apartment or rental housing maintenance experience; and
- six courses and online content listed above (which totals 80 hours)
1-11-17 Electrical Repair
2-10-17 Appliance Repair
2-15-17 Interior and Exterior Maintenance/Heating Ventilation
You must attend all of the classes to receive certification!
$699 NCFAA Membership Price ($999 nonmember)
$49 for class only-no designation & no student manual (per class)
Seating is limited!