Service Manager Position Opening!
Position Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Job Profile: Coastal Ridge Real Estate is seeking an energetic, results oriented Maintenance Supervisor with a competitive spirit to join our growing team. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the physical assets, general maintenance, repairs, inspections, apartment turns, and preventative maintenance and construction projects for one a property.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Oversee and lead the maintenance team from the field. The Maintenance Supervisor is a working technician and is expected spend approximately 75% of their time in the field in addition to assigned administrative responsibilities
- Knowledge of and ability to supervise and/or perform high-level, technically proficient, and urgent/sensitive work orders, including: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, general carpentry, and items with larger legal implications
- Provide quality control of work orders performed by service technicians and by sub-contractors, through in-person follow up inspection
- Perform property inspections, including semi-annual property inspections and preventative maintenance checks
- Perform post move-out damage inspections and communicate, in writing, the scope of work required to turn the unit and a determination of the cleaning and damage charges that should be billed back to the resident/tenant
- Schedule and execute turnover
- Perform market ready inspections to ensure the documented scope of work is complete and the unit meets the company’s standard of quality prior to a resident/tenant move-in
- Assign, prioritize and coordinate daily work orders utilizing mobile technology where appropriate, and review when complete
- Coordinate all construction and rehabilitation projects including planning, vendor engagement and bidding (as needed), progress inspections, timeline (scheduling) and approval of completed projects
- Train and develop new maintenance technicians
- Approve all maintenance related invoices in accordance with company policy
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance service
- Complete and submit maintenance expenses including time worked, service performed and cost incurred in a timely manner
- Report any items of concern to the Property Manager including damage that has occurred or may occur, renovation/upgrade opportunities, vendor performance issues, subordinate performance issues, etc.
- Assist with and prepare for hazardous weather situations including but not limited to: snow and ice removal, fires, floods, freezes, downed trees, etc.
- Responsible for overall organization and cleanliness of work areas and maintenance shops
- Provide excellent customer service to our residents/tenants.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Ability to manage multiple demands concurrently in an organized manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge in HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, appliance repair, painting, locks/keys, and drywall
Experience, Education, And Certifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 2 years’ experience in maintenance/construction
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred
- HVAC certification preferred
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) required
- Must be able to physically work on feet all day long and carry loads up to 75lbs as well as use a ladder.
- Coastal Ridge Real Estate Partners offers a competitive benefits package including your choice of three health insurance plans, voluntary dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, Paid Time Off, as well as 401k with 4% company match!
Position Status: Full Time Exempt
Travel Requirements: 0-5% typical
Reporting Relationship: Property Manager
Company Description: Coastal Ridge Real Estate Partners (“Coastal Ridge”) is a private real estate investment company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. Founded in 2013, Coastal Ridge’s growing team of over 110 associates specializes in the acquisition, asset management, and property management of real estate throughout the United States. To date, Coastal Ridge’s owned, joint-venture and third party management portfolio includes more than $500 million in assets across eight states in the student, conventional, and active adult multifamily sectors. Our track record has demonstrated the firm’s ability to achieve our investor’s goals by implementing a consistent strategy anchored by steadfast investment rationale and a progressive and systematic operating platform. Coastal Ridge was recently honored as one of the 2015 Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the U.S., and among Columbus Business First’s 50 fastest growing companies in Central Ohio.
Go to www.coastalridgere.com to apply.