The Maintenance Technician is responsible to assist in the preservation of the property. Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician will help to maintain the property in accordance with procedures set forth in Royal American Management's Policy and Procedure Manual. In addition, the Maintenance Technician will also assist in the following manner:
Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a description of the major responsibilities of this position. These job duties are subject to change according to department requirements. This is a summary and is not meant to include all activities that may be required to successfully perform in this job.
Essential Job Functions:
The Maintenance Technician must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. These activities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Safely access all areas of the property's grounds, regardless of grounds conditions and/or weather conditions.
• Safely access all structures, including multi-level structures, without the assistance of an elevator. Read, understand and follow instructions contained in handwritten Work Orders, provide handwritten responses to same, and complete handwritten reports in accordance with procedures established in Royal American Management's Policy and Procedure Manual.
• Read and understand various manuals, instructions and other printed materials, such as regulation manuals, procedures manuals, warning labels and directional labeling on materials needed to perform various tasks.
• Safely lift and carry weights up to fifty (50) pounds without assistance.
• Safely move large appliances such as ranges, refrigerators and washing machines with the use of a hand truck.
• Safely use hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, saws, various power tools including hand held drills and circular saws.
• Safely ascend and descend various types of ladders unassisted.
• Tolerate normal levels of caustic chemicals and pest control chemicals.
• Safely stoop, bend and kneel as may be required in various jobs requiring these positions. Safely perform all activities described in this section for a period of eight (8) consecutive hours for full-time employees and for a period of four (4) consecutive hours for part-time employees. Travel for the purpose of conducting regular property business. Must have a valid driver's license.
• Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English is required.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.