Maintenance Technicians Needed!
The Maintenance Technician is responsible to assist in the preservation of the property. Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician will help to maintain the property in accordance with procedures set forth in Royal American Management's Policy and Procedure Manual. In addition, the Maintenance Technician will also assist in the following manner:
Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a description of the major responsibilities of this position. These job duties are subject to change according to department requirements. This is a summary and is not meant to include all activities that may be required to successfully perform in this job.
- Must be aware of all maintenance requirements for the property.
- Responsible for keeping accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, Service Requests, apartment refurbishing, annual inspections, and inventories.
- Must be willing to participate in a standby emergency schedule for evening, weekend and holiday coverage.
- Responsible for performing scheduled maintenance on all equipment, based on the manufacturer's recommendations and operating manuals.
- Inspect all apartment units, buildings, and common areas, performing repairs and janitorial assistance in accordance with Royal American Management's Policy and Procedure Manual. Maintain the grounds in accordance with schedule set forth in Royal American Management's Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Must be knowledgeable of all contractual obligations relating to maintenance so as to keep the Community Manager abreast of any incidents of non-compliance.
- Is responsible for having knowledge of the property's A/C units, including being able to troubleshoot the system and make repairs to fan motors, thermostats, conductors, etc. will under no circumstances make repairs to any components containing Freon, recovery of Freon from the system or addition of Freon to the system unless properly certified. At no time under any circumstances is Freon ever to be vented into the atmosphere. Failure to comply will result in immediate termination.
- Ensure all storage areas are locked and adequate lighting of those areas is maintained.
- Responsible for performing light electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets, circuits, etc. The incumbent must also be able to perform light plumbing work, such as clearing stoppages, replacing fittings, etc. The replacement or repair of broken glass, tile, screens, etc., is also required.
- Responsible for assisting with painting, cleaning of appliances, vacuuming and other related tasks required to prepare an apartment unit for re-occupancy.
- Responsible for performing general carpentry work, such as fitting doors, freeing windows, replacing and building shelves and refinishing floors.
- Responsible for assisting in custodial work, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning windows, etc. in the common areas.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor, Community Manager, Area Manager, Regional Manager, Vice-President or President of Royal American Management, Inc.
- Responsible for assisting in caring for all amenities such as pools and spas.
Essential Job Functions:
The Maintenance Technician must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. These activities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Safely access all areas of the property's grounds, regardless of grounds conditions and/or weather conditions.
• Safely access all structures, including multi-level structures, without the assistance of an elevator. Read, understand and follow instructions contained in handwritten Work Orders, provide handwritten responses to same, and complete handwritten reports in accordance with procedures established in Royal American Management's Policy and Procedure Manual.
• Read and understand various manuals, instructions and other printed materials, such as regulation manuals, procedures manuals, warning labels and directional labeling on materials needed to perform various tasks.
• Safely lift and carry weights up to fifty (50) pounds without assistance.
• Safely move large appliances such as ranges, refrigerators and washing machines with the use of a hand truck.
• Safely use hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, saws, various power tools including hand held drills and circular saws.
• Safely ascend and descend various types of ladders unassisted.
• Tolerate normal levels of caustic chemicals and pest control chemicals.
• Safely stoop, bend and kneel as may be required in various jobs requiring these positions. Safely perform all activities described in this section for a period of eight (8) consecutive hours for full-time employees and for a period of four (4) consecutive hours for part-time employees. Travel for the purpose of conducting regular property business. Must have a valid driver's license.
• Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English is required.
Email resumes to email@example.com.