Maintenance Technician Position Opening!
Do you like to work with your hands and like to fix things? Are you ready to become part of a team that is responsible for maintaining an apartment community and providing exceptional service to community residents?
Currently we are recruiting for a maintenance technician position which is an important part of our team. The right candidate needs to be a team player with a positive can-do attitude.
The maintenance tech position responsibilities include assisting in the maintenance of the physical condition of the property according to company operating and safety standards.
- Assist with organizing and prioritizing and ensuring that service requests and repairs are made correctly and in a timely manner
- Assist with turnkey operations and assist with making vacant units rent-ready in a timely manner
- Assist with maintaining a preventative maintenance program
- Assist the maintenance team to ensure physical condition and curb appeal of community is maintained
- Other jobs assigned by manager
- On-call, after-hour emergency service may be required.
- Candidate should own a set of basic hand tools.
Just some of the perks of working for us.
- Competitive compensation
- Annual salary reviews
- Advancement opportunities
- On the job training
- Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, Company paid life & disability
- 401k with company matching
- Employee perk program that offers corporate rates & discounts
- Vacation, sick/personal, floating holidays & holidays for full and part-time associates
- Housing discounts
- Uniform allowances
- Great people working in a dynamic team atmosphere
Position also requires the ability to transport a minimum of 50 pounds variable distances; the mobility and flexibility to walk, bend, kneel, and reach to perform above duties as stated; the ability to work outdoors on a consistent basis in temperatures exceeding 90 degrees or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
The position requires the ability to communicate effectively with people and present a positive, professional image. In addition, the position requires the following:
- Ability to deal well with people
- Good verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- EPA certification Type I and II
- Mold awareness
- Asbestos awareness
- On-call, after-hour emergency service may be required
- Own set of basic hand tools; tools not provided by community
- Use of general maintenance equipment including but not limited to: hand tools, ladders, refrigerant recovery units, landscaping equipment and required safety equipment
- Appropriate safety equipment and apparel that includes proper footwear, such as safety toe work boots
Must be able to diagnose problems with and repair the following:
- Major appliances
- HVAC (EPA Certification)
- Basic - Intermediate plumbing
- Basic - Intermediate electrical (when no license required)
- General carpentry
- Roofs and gutters
- Irrigation maintenance and repairs
- Foundation/sidewalk repairs
- Ice/snow removal (if applicable, depending on location)
- A high school education or equivalent is required. The position requires the ability to read and write English fluently, and the ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
- Generally, no previous property management experience is required. However, experience qualifications will vary by property size and type and also vary within a position at a given property.
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
If interested in this position, please apply here: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/BRI1005BRGRE/JobBoard/85760b03-971c-465b-9e64-89c4b64a9eda/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=c429bf00-7f82-4d00-b9e6-f35018101775
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.