Maintenance Supervisor Position Opening!
Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Property Location: The Bartram
Reports To: General Manager
The Maintenance Supervisor reports directly to the General Manager and works to ensure apartments
and facilities for the community are in good working order and maintained to standard. Responsible for
the engineering department in planning, implementation, coordination and supervision of maintenance
facilities and apartments. Prompt and courteous responses to service request, maintain adequate supply
for make ready apartments to meet leasing demand. Maintain and oversee appropriate vendors to
ensure property appearance, which needs to meet or exceed company standards. The ability to
establish and build good working relationships with others is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- The Maintenance Supervisor must have a “can-do” customer friendly attitude and must be a
- Responsible for the supervision and performance of vendor contracts.
- Must work alongside of the Resident Service Coordinator to ensure work completion and maintain on-going communication with vendors to ensure productivity.
- Assist in solicitation and acquisition of new management contracts.
- Responsibilities include successfully resolving tenant issues in a professional and respectful manner and notifying General Manager of any tenant issues.
- Manage operational accounts for building as required and assist in development of operating
and capital budgets.
- Meets maintenance financial standards by monitoring expenditures;
identifying variances; implementing corrective actions, adhering to monthly budget, entering
- POs and track maintenance inventory and receipts.
- Meets maintenance operational standards by contributing maintenance information to
strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards; resolving problems.
- Supervises on-site staff, assists with hiring, training, and developing maintenance personnel.
- Maintain the required property uniform and ensure a professional image and attitude at all
- Oversees the landscape and housekeeping functions of the property.
- Receives, organizes, and prioritizes maintenance work orders.
- Ensures that work orders are completed properly and promptly by repairing or replacing equipment personally or by coordinating the efforts of the maintenance team.
- Respond to all emergency situations quickly (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and
- Works 24 hour on-call service as required by company policy.
- Recommend/implement improvements for preventive maintenance programs on an on-going
basis and assign tasks for completion by maintenance staff.
- Coordinates service staff to ensure market-ready turns of vacant apartment units to specifications as quickly as possible to meet leasing demand.
- Monitors and regularly inspects the property, apartment units, landscape, and maintenance
repairs for quality, readiness and safety.
- Identifies and addresses needs for improvement,
repair and/or replacement.
- Keeps the maintenance shop clean, organized and in good working order.
- Implement and administer inventory control programs.
- Oversee the ordering and delivery of all necessary supplies and equipment for the maintenance and grounds departments under the direction and with the approval of the General Manager.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures;
complying with legal codes and regulations.
- Develop and maintain effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals.
- Oversee all building systems including fire/life safety, plumbing, HVAC and electrical issues; must remain current with latest HVAC technology trends.
- Communicates and shares information with General Manager regarding overall
- Performs other related duties as assigned
HVAC certification REQUIRED
Universal EPA and electrical certifications are preferred.
Electrical and plumbing REQUIRED
5 or more years of property maintenance and supervisory experience required
Must be well organized and tech savvy.
Ability to work on-call is a must.
Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents.
Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues.
Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups.
Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Reviews complex financial/business analysis and
reports prepared by subordinates.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires
expert level analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Must be able to use a PC for reviewing e-mail and accessing the Internet to order materials.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and
business practices to achieve complex results. Responsible for setting department deadlines. Errors in
judgment may cause long-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, department and/or line of business.
To apply please email resume to: email@example.com
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.