Leasing Opportunity in Ocala
Email resume to email@example.com
This position is responsible for coordinating the community’s marketing, leasing, and renewal strategies to achieve occupancy, revenue, and resident retention goals by performing all activities related to leasing to new residents, providing resident satisfaction throughout the term of the lease, and securing resident lease renewals.
- Performs all sales and leasing activities to achieve the community’s revenue and occupancy goals by greeting and qualifying prospects, conducting community tours, and showing apartments, processing applications, credit screening, and criminal background checks, preparing the lease and move-in package, and ensuring a smooth resident move-in and lease signing.
- Inspects apartments prior to resident move-in and ensures apartments are in move-in ready condition and schedules any outstanding item to be addressed with the maintenance team.
- Stays informed about current market and competitor conditions that may impact the community’s occupancy and sales results, develops, and implements short- and long-term marketing plans and goals to sustain occupancy, and follows the community’s established policies related to concessions, specials, and other programs to boost
- Designs and executes marketing activities to create and drive traffic to the community, including implementing resident referral and employer outreach programs, using internet marketing tools (Craigslist, Facebook, e-mail, and other websites), and following other community-specific marketing plans, drives, and special programs.
- Uses the on-site property management software (OneSite) to track apartment availability, record traffic and leasing activities, manage resident and prospect data, and capture critical demographic and other information about existing and future residents.
- Ensures that the community and show units meet the Company’s standards for show quality by daily inspecting the marketing corridor and leasing tour, communicating maintenance and upkeep needs to the community’s maintenance team members, merchandising and ensuring a physically appealing show unit and/or model and amenities, and preparing the leasing office for daily leasing activities.
- Follows-up with prospects and new residents to ensure satisfaction by sending e-mail, thank-you notes, and cards or making telephone calls or other contacts to finalize decisions to lease and/or renew.
- Executes and performs activities in support of the community’s lease renewal program by preparing lease renewal letters and packages for residents, meeting with and contacting renewing residents in advance of move-out dates and ensuring that lease renewal documents are signed and implemented on time.
- Responds quickly and courteously to resident and client/owner concerns, questions, and takes prompt action to solve problems and/or document and convey resident or other requests to the appropriate individual(s).
- Completes various accounting, financial, administrative, and other reports and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, community, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
- Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve the community’s efficiency, profitability, and
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, leasing and sales tools, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training programs and by accessing other sources of information and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
- Persons work in an office environment, but also may have frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
- Persons must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the community and amenities.
- Persons must be able to stand, walk and/or sit for extended periods of time and push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to twenty (20) pounds independently and fifty (50) pounds with assistance.
- Routine, local travel may be required to attend training classes, conduct market research, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all the daily responsibilities of this position.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which may include weekends and/or holidays
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Persons must have all licenses and/or certifications as required by State and Local jurisdictions
- Persons must have valid driver’s license to operate a golf cart on property.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell, and explain apartment features, and answer questions.
- Demonstrated ability to apply sales skills, such as generating sales leads, conducting sales presentations, qualifying prospects, and closing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, property management software (preferably Yardi and/or One Site), and spreadsheet management programs to complete required reports and employment documents.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percent to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Proficiency and fluency in using the internet for marketing, advertising, and sales-related circumstances, including using Craigslist, Google, and other search engines, and navigating the internet and websites.
- High School diploma, GED or an employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of a sales, marketing, internet, and customer service background sufficient to resolve customer complaints and issues and complete financial records, documents, and reports. Industry specific experience is not required.
This document describes the general nature and level of work required of the people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel. The employee must adhere to all work rules, procedures, and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to, those contained in the employee handbook.