Development Manager Needed
The Collier Companies is seeking a Development Manager
At The Collier Companies, it's all about people. Our residents depend on us to be observant, interested in their lives, and quick to respond to their needs. We enjoy working with them and with each other. Every day is different: rewarding, challenging, and fun. Join an environment where your team becomes your family and your profession becomes your passion.
The Development Manager will be responsible for assisting the VP of Development and providing coordination and management for our development projects. Projects include low and mid-rise construction of multi-family apartment homes. The Development Manager will work with the VP of Development to construct high-quality projects on time and within approved budget.
Perks – The good stuff:
- The Collier Companies matches up to 100% on 10% of your total compensation for 401(K)
- Vacation & Personal Time (PTO increases with length of service, in addition to an increasing hourly accrual rate per pay period) Plus 10 company holidays!
- Stylish TCC logo attire provided
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Group & Supplemental Life Insurance policy options
- Reimbursement accounts & prepaid Legal Services
- Career growth opportunities
- Industry education opportunities
Our Commitment to You – Our Greatest Asset: The Collier Companies is a fast-growing company that fosters a professional attitude and a strong team spirit. We are committed to training our employees well, honoring their achievements, and promoting from within. The people who work here are outgoing, caring, and proud of what they do. If you’re someone who welcomes responsibility and enjoys getting involved, you’ll fit right in.
Development Manager Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review due diligence materials and responsible for land development entitlement process for multifamily development opportunities throughout North & Central Florida markets.
- Assist in the land planning and development strategy for new projects the company is considering for acquisition.
- Responsible for managing the execution of that strategy once the projects have been approved and will manage the consultant teams consisting of attorneys, civil engineers and landscape architects to secure the entitlements as well as obtain agency approval on the plats and improvement plans to ensure a successful project delivery.
- Prepare and maintain land development budgets and cash flows.
- Work with the field team to ensure the project development strategy is being executed.
- Monitor the schedule to ensure timely delivery of completed development.
- Review construction schedule and anticipate delays.
- Attend OAC meetings.
- Manage revisions that need municipal approval throughout construction.
Development Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Planning, Architecture, Civil Engineering or Construction Management is preferred
- A minimum of four years’ experience in land development or forward planning in the multi-family industry
- Demonstrated success in the multi-family industry is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to complete the job responsibilities with minimal outside supervision and direction
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Project management & critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read improvement plans, formulate budgets and understand accounting principles
Drug testing and background checks are an employment requirement. Upon submission of your application, you will be invited to complete our candidate Assessment.
These are required steps in the hiring process.
The Collier Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer