Assistant Community Manager – Gainesville, FL
**$250 sign on bonus paid after 30 days**
*Experience in Conventional preferred*
This position acts as the administrative Assistant, for the property, responsible for discharging all policies and procedures formulated by Royal American Management for the proper operation of the property. These policies and procedures are embodied in Royal American Management’s Policies and Procedures Manual and the Community Manager Assistant, is responsible for understanding same. This list of duties and responsibilities for the position of Community Manager Assistant, is provided for the purpose of ensuring consistency and clarification in successfully operating the property at this level. The Community Manager Assistant, is critical to the success of each Community Manager and Royal American Management as a whole.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Community Manager Assistant, will assist with the prompt collection of all rents and other resident charges due to the property. This collection responsibility includes direct personal contact with residents, as necessary, before any legal action is taken. Assists with the daily bank deposits as appropriate.
- The Community Manager Assistant, will assist with attracting, screening and selecting prospective residents for vacant apartment homes in accordance with federal, state, governing program laws and regulations and with the Royal American Management Resident Selection Criteria. The CMA will make every attempt to keep the waiting list up-to-date so as to maximize occupancy.
- The Community Manager Assistant, will assist with the Resident Services Program and its efficient operation as appropriate, ensuring that Residential Services are properly scheduled, performed with good workmanship and completed timely.
- The Community Manager Assistant, will make every attempt possible to enforce all resident leases in a manner that ensures all residents rights of “quiet enjoyment” of the property, minimizes property damage and resident population turnover.
- The Community Manager Assistant, will complete reports and all other purchasing paperwork to ensure thoroughness, quality and competitive pricing.
- The Community Manager Assistant, will, along with the Community Manager, will assist in the preparation of the annual operating budget and will operate the property to the very best of his/her ability within the approved budget.
- The Community Manager Assistant, will monitor the activities of all tradesmen, both community employees and outside contractors, performing work on the property and ensuring all projects are carried out in a safe manner. The CMA will obtain Certificates of Insurance, when appropriate, for all contractors in accordance with Royal American Management Contracting Procedures prior to the start of any work on the property.
- The Community Manager Assistant, will tour the property to identify obvious deficiencies, ensuring they are identified and corrected, while focusing on areas of company liability and risk.
- The Community Manager Assistant, will assist in conserving energy and property resources, including utilities, through the monitoring of consumption and promotion of energy conservation to residents and employees.
- The Community Manager Assistant, will assist in the publication of a monthly newsletter to assist in effective resident communications and relations for the property.
- The Community Manager Assistant, will be responsible for various clerical tasks, including but not limited to the following: Answering incoming telephone lines, writing Work Order Forms, all mailings, resident recertification paperwork, move-in/move-out inspections, unpaid rent follow-ups, charges to resident accounts and letters to residents regarding charges, filing, typing regular tenant assistance payments on vouchers.
- The Community Manager Assistant, will perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Community Manager, Area Manager, Regional Manager, Vice-President and President.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The Community Manager Assistant, will be responsible for certain knowledge, skills and abilities in the performance of his/her duties as CMA. These activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to access all areas of the property’s grounds and structures, including multilevel structures, with or without the aid of an elevator.
- Ability to accomplish all the activities specified in the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities of a Community Manager, if requested to do so.
- Ability to access all file containers for the property, regardless of location and proximity to the ground level of the building.
- Ability to review and evaluate written material on a daily basis for the purpose of fulfilling the requirements of the applicable position description.
- Ability to communicate with the Community Manager, site personnel and residents in a manner that will fulfill the position description provided to you.
- Ability to travel for the purpose of conducting regular property business. Must have a valid driver’s license.
This is a description of the major responsibilities of this position. These job duties are subject to change according to department requirements. This is a summary and is not meant to include all activities that may be required to successfully perform in this job.