Real Estate Attorney
Real Estate Attorney
The Collier Companies is seeking an Real Estate Attorney
After strategic review, we would like to open the opportunity to converse about a long-term career path in Gainesville, FL. We are looking for top talent and host an incredible opportunity with a great organization!
At The Collier Companies, it's all about people. Our residents depend on us to be observant, interested in their lives, and quick to respond to their needs. We enjoy working with them and with each other. Every day is different: rewarding, challenging, and fun. Join an environment where your team becomes your family and your profession becomes your passion.
Perks – The Good Stuff:
- The Collier Companies matches up to 100% on 10% of your total compensation for 401(K)
- Up to 24 days off during your first year with annual increase!
- Stylish TCC logo attire provided
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Group & Supplemental Life Insurance policy options
- Reimbursement accounts & prepaid Legal Services
- Career growth opportunities
- Industry education opportunities
Skills & Requirements:
- 3-10 years’ experience in civil litigation to represent company in matters of Landlord/Tenant and Creditor’s Rights.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and good standing member of the Florida Bar.
- Proven ability to independently, and on a “first-chair” basis, manage all aspects of civil litigation. The ideal candidate will have motion practice, discovery, trial, and post-Judgment experience, including collections. Knowledge of any of the following additional areas of law is a plus: contracts, corporate compliance, construction defect, real estate development, employment and/or housing discrimination.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong and persuasive advocacy, with an eye toward pragmatic, beneficial outcomes that best represent the company values.
- High Emotional Intelligence, excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to interface with colleagues at all levels, by virtue of professional competence, personal integrity, and personal style.
- Proven ability to handle stressful situations, a diverse and high-volume workload, and provide value in a calm and professional manner.
- Flexibility and strong analytic and problem-solving ability. Ability to work both independently and within a team environment. Proven success in managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- Understanding of business operations, able to work for a driven, entrepreneurial JD/CPA owner.
The challenges are great, as are the rewards. So, we distinguish ourselves, by both our character and our personnel. Our message needs to be tight, differentiated & impactful. That’s what makes this such a crucial role.
Our Culture – How We’re Different:
The Collier Companies is a fast-growing company that fosters a professional attitude and a strong team spirit. We are committed to training our employees well, honoring their achievements, and promoting from within. The Team Members who work here are outgoing, caring, and proud of what they do.
- At The Collier Companies, we recognize TEAM MEMBERS for being the foundation of our success.
- We are good STEWARDS to each other, believe in collaboration and we support one another to achieve our mission.
- We are commitment to ONGOING LEARNING – At The Collier Companies, we sponsor book clubs that support growth.
- We PRIDE ourselves on the principles taught in “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People”, written by Stephen Covey. All new team members should know how to use their “I&R” – INITATIVE & RESOURCEFULNESS and be “E&E” – EFFICIENT & EFFECTIVE.
- GROWTH – We have a goal to double in size within the coming decade! Our team members have a FIRE IN THE BELLY and hold the torch with a BURNING SENSE OF URGENCY!
- We bring STABILITY into the marketplace and to our residents with a LONG-TERM HOLD strategy. This benefits our human capital, finances and customer experience.
- ROOTED – We are a privately owned group that’s been in business since the 1970’s and the world’s largest privately owned student housing company and growing multi-family apartment organization!
If leading this charge in a fast-growing company sounds appealing to you, let’s have a conversation. (Confidentially, of course.)
Drug testing and background checks are an employment requirement. Upon submission of your application, you will be invited to complete our candidate Assessment.
These are required steps in the hiring process.
The Collier Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer